Joining Intellectual Conversation Group (ICG) allows you to:
– RSVP for events
– Receive notifications from that group and communicate with members
– Participate in activities for that group – both online and offline
RSVP to an Intellectual Conversation event.
Desktop Web & Mobile Web
– Go to the homepage of Intellectual Conversationg Group
– Click the title of the Meetup you’d like to RSVP to. You may need to select ‘See all’ to view all upcoming events.
– On the next page, select the checkmark icon if you plan on attending
– Add your guest count if prompted and select Submit
Android & iOS Apps
– Select the group that is hosting the Meetup
– Scroll to the Meetup event you want to attend
– Tap the checkmark icon
– Add your guest count if prompted and tap Continue
Bookmarking an event you are interested in.
If you see an event you’re interested in, but you’re not sure yet if you can attend, you can bookmark that event. Bookmarking makes it easier for you to come back to the event later, and RSVP for the event when you’re ready.
Note: This feature is currently only available on our Android app.
To bookmark an event:
– Find an event you’re interested in attending
– Select the Bookmark icon
– You’ll see a brief Meetup saved confirmation
To view your bookmarked events:
– Tap the Going tab
– Events you’ve bookmarked say You saved this at the top, and the bookmark icon is filled-in gray
– Events you are attending have a green checkmark icon beside them
To remove a bookmarked event:
* Find the bookmarked event in the Going tab
* Tap the bookmark icon next to the event
* You’ll see a brief Meetup unsaved confirmation
Blocking a Member from contacting you.
If you block a member, they will no longer be able to contact you through messages. When you block a member, you’ll also have the option to report them. If you report a member, Meetup’s Integrity team will be alerted and will review the member’s activity on the platform to ensure that they are acting in accordance with our Meetup.com Community Guidelines.
– Go to ICG group’s page
– Scroll down to Members and choose Select all
– Find the person you’d like to block and choose their name
– Choose Block under their name
– Or to un-block the member, choose Un-block
You can also block a member directly from a Message conversation by selecting their name and choosing Block.
– Open the Messages tab and choose the conversation with the member you’d like to block
– Tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner and select Block
Android & iOS App
– Tap on the group’s page, and click on Group Info to see the Meetup’s members
– Find the member you’d like to block and tap on their picture or name
– Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of your screen and select Block
You can also block a member directly from a Message conversation by clicking their name and tapping on the three dots icon in the top right corner.
As always if you have any questions …
Contact Intellectual Conversation Group (ICG) organizers for questions or issues specific to our group; or
Contact Meetup.com for questions or issues regarding Meetup.com design, etc.
Links to contact ICG organizers:
Link for Meetup.com help: